|Utilised in the London and City Challenge Projects and endorsed by the National College, the OTP has gained a national reputation for raising standards in teaching and learning.||
Click here for The Outstanding Teacher Programme leaflet.
To provide teachers with:
- the ability to demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils
- the ability to coach colleagues and pupils in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels
- the ability to create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is openly observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced
- increased professional satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression
The Outstanding Teacher Programme
- provides in-depth coaching to deepen teachers’ understanding of outstanding classroom practice. Participants improve through facilitated practice activities as structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality and impact
- introduces and consolidates new knowledge and skills, and focus on what makes teaching and learning outstanding
- requires learning 3s to prepare and present at an outstanding level to the whole delegate group for evaluation against DR ICE®
- forms part the school’s professional development provision as this supports the implementation of agreed best practice and national agendas
- provides strong input on the progression against the professional standards of excellence. This programme is crucial for teachers involved in developing Leadership in Teaching and Learning
Teachers who have recently attended the course said:
"The OTP course was a fantastic opportunity to meet other professionals from different schools within the trust and to share best practice in our teaching. The course gives attendees the opportunity to interrogate their own practice using a variety of models to develop outstanding reflective practitioners. The experience and engagement of the tutors alongside the other attendees really helps in developing thought-provoking discussions in a confidential, honest and non-judgmental way." - Ricky Boxall- KS2 Leader, Linden Academy
"The OTP programme forced me to look at my lessons and planning in more depth. It allowed me to discover new approaches to teaching and more importantly, new ways to reflect on my classroom and department practice."
"It’s enabled me to develop both in the classroom and also professionally. Observing and being observed now hold more clarity it what to look for."
"Thoroughly reflective and enlightening experience." - Elizabeth Prow- Teacher of English, Stockwood Park Academy
“OTP has enabled me to approach the development of my practice with confidence and an open mind. The opportunity has opened doors to help other teachers develop their practice and develop my own leadership skills in a departmental and whole school context.” - Kim Prince- Teacher of Media, The Chalk Hills Academy
The programme is facilitated over an 8 week period and consists of 5 x half-day sessions, plus 3 sessions of in-school practice where peer planning and observation can take place acroos Chalk Hills Academy and Stockwood Park Academy.
|Tuesday||10th January||13:00 - 16:30
|19th January||13:00 - 16:30|
Week commencing 23rd January In-school practice
|1st February||13:00 - 16:30|
Week commencing 6th February In-school practice
|22nd February||13:00 - 16:30|
Week commencing 27th February In-school practice
|2nd March||13:00 - 16:30|
Programme content includes discussions and tasks linked to:
- What does an outstanding teacher look like?
- Taboo, definitions, audit, strengths and weaknesses
- In-school practice
- Learning walks
- Developing a success criteria
- What is effective questioning?
- New learning on differentiation
- Understanding assessment
- Action planning and evaluation
This programme is open to teachers with the potential and capacity to deliver consistently outstanding lessons, and who want to develop a mindset of excellence.
A recent external evaluation of this programme, led by professor Peter Matthews, reports that participants become much more reflective about their teaching and much more aware of how to make their lessons consistently outstanding. This includes placing greater emphasis on:
- the purpose of the value of their lessons
- raising levels of engagement in learning
- the use of different teaching styles to challenge learning
- greater readiness to innovate and take risks
- more reflective planning
Course fee per delegate- £650
For more information or to apply please contact Natasha Jabbar on 01582 601221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org